Got some stuff added, the log-in screen is working, but the log-in servlet isn’t, it’s got something to do with the ajax parameter passing not working in POST, need to figure it out or swap it to GET. Still no progress on getting the projection to work better for the graph.
I’ve been working on this for quite some time, it’s been a pet project of mine since I finished my last web-based school project. My goal is to turn it into a fully fledged school/homework help forum, but for now it’s an online calculator and graphing app with a toy BBCode editor. I have some screenshots, but no running server to actually let anyone play with it.
These few are from the original incarnation:
The original incarnation also had the parse tree image included for debug purposes. It is in the following image:
On a different note, the BBCode translation works fairly well, though needs a tweak on how it treats whitespace. the following two images show the test that I have working, it auto-updates when the text area is chaned.
The last three (other than the img tag) are the main reasons I have rolled my own, they use the parser to generate MathML, and evaluate expressions. The parser I used was written in Java, using a library from the book Building Parsers With Java by Steve Metsker. I worked off the books Arithmetic Parser chapter and classes, and edited it heavily to change it from directly calculating values, to generating a re-usable parse tree, added the ability to store and use variable names, recognize graphs and recognize mathematical functions such as sine, cosine, tangent, logarithms, etc.
I have some of the forum related code in place, it’s a matter of generating test data (forums, threads, users), and getting the code to access and display it all, so far it only displays one or two of the approximately 8-10 different things.